CHA Consulting, Inc. is currently seeking a Sports Facility Designer for our Richmond, VA office.
CHA’s sports group is a team of dedicated architects, landscape architects and engineers practicing
across the United States. Our sports specialists blend high-quality design with a modern perspective to
create award-winning solutions that generate the most value for athletes, owners, and venue users.
We are seeking talented candidates to fulfill key roles within our growing sports practice. If you have a
passion for sports design we are ready to help you bring that affection to life.
- Site/Civil design of sports facilities and sports complexes.
- Plans, schedules, conducts, and coordinates detailed phases of major projects.
- Experience with preparation and/or review of site plan applications.
- Coordinates with regulators and permitting agencies.
- Completes field assignments, such as data collection and construction observation, when
- Bid phase services such as preparing project specifications, bid addendum, response to requests
for information, review of bidder’s qualification and recommendation of award.
- Construction engineering services such as shop drawing review, payment application, change
order requests, developing punch lists and construction observation.
- 5+ years of related professional sports design experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or Landscape Architecture.
- Registered Professional Engineer or Registered Landscape Architect preferred.
- Experience with storm water management design and permitting.
- Strong design and problem solving skills.
- Experience with parks and outdoor recreation facilities preferred.
- Ability to effectively work on multiple projects simultaneously in a team environment with
teammates in multiple offices.
- Excellent communication, technical, and organizational skills.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability,
protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.